Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sock Refashion

A few months ago I did a T-shirt Refashion post here just to see if it would get some credit. This time I`m doing something a bit different, a sock refashion. I know it sounds weird, but I love socks and I love bows, so I thought why not combine the two?


It`s easier than 1-2-3, because you`ll only need to count to two by the time you`ll ready. So let`s get started, first up you need a pair of socks, some ribbon, scissors, thread and needle:


Of course, if you want you could add some beads or ruffle, or even some ribbon in a different color, that would stand out. I wanted something simple, so I went with white ribbon to match the white socks.

Take the ribbon and make two bows, as easy as that may sound, tying a bow can be tricky, so that`s why I posted here my "cheat sheet" for making one:


Then, sew one bow on each sock. I sew mine on the side, but you could sew then on the back too, especially if you use a wider ribbon and leave longer tails on the bow:


After 1-2 you are done! Enjoy your cute socks:


The possibilities are endless, I only wanted to give an idea of how to get started :P
I would love to see your version, if you tried it out, so please leave a link below, so I can go and check it out!

Hugs,
Enci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails